In this Privacy Statement we refer to Cartamundi Services NV, registered under company registration number 0877.568.403, and Cartamundi Turnhout NV, registered under company registration number 0877.566.324 (jointly referred to as “Cartamundi”).
Cartamundi places a great deal of importance on protecting your privacy and personal data.
Purpose for which data is processed
There are various purposes for which Cartamundi may use the personal or business data you provide.
- We make use of your personal data for customer management purposes, such as to allow you to download software or to reply to your questions.
- If you have granted your permission, we may also use your personal data for direct marketing, such as to contact you by e-mail, telephone or post with news of Cartamundi’s products and campaigns.
- Your personal data may also be used for marketing purposes, statistical research and to better match our products and services to your needs.
With whom is Cartamundi allowed to share this data?
Cartamundi may pass on, to affiliated companies and to other third parties, personal or business data you provide, for the purpose of statistical research and marketing. We may also pass on your data to third parties in the event of a legal obligation or a request by the police or judicial authorities, or if you have agreed to this.
You can at any time ask to consult and update your personal details.
If you do not wish to participate, you can oppose any further processing of your personal details for direct marketing purposes.
You can do so by sending a registered written request, with a copy of both sides of your identity card, to Cartamundi in the post to the above address.
A public list is kept by the Belgian Commission for the Protection of Privacy, 139 Rue Haute, 1000 Brussels, with all electronic processes used with personal details. You can consult this list if you require further information about how Cartamundi processes data.
It is possible to set your browser to refuse the installation of cookies, but this may adversely affect the performance of some parts of the Cartamundi Website. By continuing to browse the Cartamundi Website without changing your cookie settings and by clicking “OK”, we assume that you accept the installation of our cookies.
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer’s browser directory or on your mobile device by a web server when you visit a website. The cookie contains a unique code that allows the browser to be identified during a visit to the website (a ‘session’ cookie), or during subsequent repeat visits (a ‘persistent’ cookie).
Cookies can be placed by the server of the website you are visiting or by partners of this website. Only a web server that has placed a cookie can read that cookie, and it is unable to access any other information stored on your computer or mobile device.
Cookies are stored on your computer or mobile device in your browser folder. The content of a cookie usually consists of the name of the server that has placed the cookie, an expiry date and a unique numeric code.
Cookies generally make the interaction between the visitor and the website easier and faster, and help the visitor navigate between the different parts of a website.
Cookies can also be used to make the content or advertisements on a website more relevant for the visitor, and can be adapted to the visitor’s personal taste and needs.
Cartamundi uses the following types of cookies
- Session cookies: cookies that will be deleted once the browser has been closed. They are only stored for the duration of one session.
- Persistent cookies: cookies that will be stored on the user’s end device for a certain amount of time, which may vary from 1 hour to several days/months (online form cookies, authentication cookies, user security cookies and user interface language preference cookies).
- First-party cookies: cookies placed by a website within the Cartamundi domain (online form cookies, authentication cookies, user security cookies and user interface language preference cookies).
- Third-party cookies: cookies placed by websites assigned to a domain that differs from the Cartamundi domain visited by the user and displayed in the browser’s address bar (frequency capping cookies, ad affiliation cookies, research and market analysis cookies, third-party advertising cookies and google analytics cookies).