If you have any questions about our products and services or if you want to place an order, feel free to contact us.Contact us
Cartamundi - Cartamundi – A heart for cards
Or choose your country
Cartamundi – Digital NV
Cartamundi – Headquarters
Königsfurt Urania Verlag GmbH
ASS/ Spielkartenfabrik Altenburg GmbH
Naipes Heraclio Fournier, S.A.
Cartamundi España, S.L.
- United Kingdom
- North America
The United States Playing Card Company
- North America
Cartamundi North America East Longmeadow LLC
Cartamundi welcomes Tricia Bouras Executive Vice President
Cartamundi and Warner Bros. Consumer Products Launch DC Hybrid Physical and NFT Trading Cards
We are hiring!
Head of Production (Belgium – Cartamundi BNL)
At Cartamundi the printing presses run already since 1765. Today the manufacturing company with Belgian roots has become the largest playing cards – and board game manufacturer in the world. Legendary games such as Monopoly® and Pokémon® run off the Cartamundi production lines, as do many different varieties of playing cards and card games for consumers as well as casinos.
Making a successful card game or board game takes a lot more than just high-quality printing. Over the years, Cartamundi has built up priceless experience in every step of the process. From creation to production, they offer their customers their expertise through a full range of services, such as pre-production, production, co-creation, consulting and fulfilment.
Head of Production
As Head of Production, you will be responsible for the printing and finishing department as well as for maintenance and engineering with a total population of 250 people.
Your main challenges will be to successfully navigate the organization through the foreseen growth and transformation. The transformation includes not only a change in processes and procedures but also the introduction of new products and new technology.
You are responsible for the efficiency, safety, product integrity, service and productivity of the manufacturing and produced goods in the Turnhout plant.
Next to that you contribute to engineering and innovation projects with regards to new product development and digitalization.
You will report into the VP Benelux and are an integral part of the Benelux leadership team.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the business from a manufacturing point of view in the development and implementation of a product strategy, in line with the operational strategy of Cartamundi Europe.
- Creating a safe work environment for all employees and the development of a safety policy with regards to the manufacturing activities.
- Managing the balance between a process-oriented, structured way of working, the high level of perfection of the finished product and flexibility (size, product and volume) and an innovative, entrepreneurial approach.
- Striving for perfection of the finished product and zero error in a complex ‘make-to-order’, customer-oriented environment.
- Implementing continuous improvement based on LEAN principles without decreasing customer orientation, flexibility and quality.
- Initiating and managing investment projects and product/process innovations
- Analyzing and optimizing the cost structure and the budget of your department.
- Creating a positive dialogue with the social partners
- Coaching and mentoring your direct reports
Our ideal candidate has the following experience and competences:
- Authentic, entrepreneurial people leader with excellent engaging capabilities without losing sight of the result.
- A passion for production with a hands-on approach and a strong presence on the shopfloor.
- Positive mindset and ‘can do’ attitude enabling you to successfully lead a complex and rapidly changing environment.
- Proven successful experience in managing growth and transformation in a production environment.
- Proven experience in building positive labor relations.
- Creative and analytical problem-solving skills with the ability to think quickly about how to address cross-functional problems and ‘get things done’.
- +5 years experience in managing a manufacturing department, preferably in a ‘make-to-order’ environment.
We are looking for an authentic, entrepreneurial people leader with a passion for production and a proven track record in managing growth and transforming a manufacturing environment. If you combine this with the ability to engage and coach your team and create a positive dialogue with social partners, then we are very interested in talking to you.
If you are interested in further discussing this opportunity, you can schedule a teams call with Isabel through https://calendly.com/isabel-verhelst/30min
We are hiring!
HR Director Ireland/UK- Cartamundi Ireland
Senior Leadership Team member responsible for HR at the Waterford and UK sites. Manage, develop , implement and maintain key HR processes ensuring that they are aligned to the business strategy and deliver key competitive advantage to the business. Manage and develop HR Team and critically oversee delivery of HR services for Ireland and UK. Use a strong HR drive and expertise to support and achieve business objectives.
- Business partner to VP BG&G and the Senior Leadership Team
- Lead the site Talent Management process.
- Manage talent acquisition ensuring best people recruited on time.
- Ensure positive employee climate is maintained and further developed.
- Manage Industrial Relations processes with in-house trade unions and staff.
- Build relationships with external bodies for the benefit of the business.
- Cultivate networks with peers, Global HR and local companies to ensure using best practice and objectives are met.
- Foster a Team culture through innovative ideas and thinking.
- Oversee and manage the performance appraisal system to drive high performance.
- Ensure excellent internal and external customer service standards apply to all areas under HR control.
- Ensure adherence to HR Budgets.
- Ensure adherence to and compliance with all HR controls under current legislation.
- Ensure Company social compliance requirements.
- Develop business solutions for Waterford and UK sites through collaboration with cross functional teams.
- Control and manage security, catering and cleaning operations on site.
Qualifications / Education required:
- Professional Qualification in Business, preferably in Human Resources with CIPD.
- Minimum 7 years plus post qualification experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar position in a medium to large size manufacturing organization.
- Experience and knowledge of the following is required:
- Employment law, HR best practices
- Industrial Relations
- Communications; People Management