Cartamundi is Latin for “Cards for the World.” With a history dating back to 1765, Cartamundi is the world’s leading manufacturer of card & board games and digital solutions. With a network of owned sales offices, 13 state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities, and a workforce of over 2,800 people, Cartamundi is a prominent and growing supplier to the global cards, games, and toys industry. In 2019, Cartamundi and USPC combined generated a revenue of over $550 million.
Legendary games such as Monopoly® and Pokémon® run off the Cartamundi production lines, as do many different varieties of playing cards and card games for consumers as well as casinos. With its strong brands such as Bicycle®, Bee®, COPAG® and Color Addict®, Cartamundi created a compelling range of playing cards, children’s card games, and family games. These products can be found in major retailers across the globe, contributing to fulfilling the Cartamundi purpose of “Sharing the Magic of Playing Together.”
Cartamundi's corporate headquarters are in Turnhout, Belgium. Manufacturing facilities are located in Japan, India, Poland, Spain, Germany, France, Belgium, the United Kingdom, Ireland, United States of America and Brazil.
Quality & Compliance Manager
The Quality & Compliance Manager, Turnhout is responsible for the initiation, improvement and evaluation of Quality, Security & Compliance in line with the global strategy of Cartamundi in our manufacturing site in Turnhout, Belgium:
- Quality: ensures that the products and services follow the customer’s requirements, in addition to complying with regulatory requirements for quality, product safety. The quality management system will be focused on the improvement of the effectiveness of business processes. You will implement the quality vision through quality planning, quality assurance, quality control and quality improvements.
- Security: implementation, improvement, and evaluation of the product security management system according to the customer’s requirements.
- Compliance: manage / mitigate compliance risks and protect the ethical integrity of Cartamundi, through the implementation of Group policies and monitoring of the adherence thereto.
This means in the daily reality that the Quality & Compliance Manager will be:
- Close to the customers, and their requirements, to meet all customer requirements and to improve customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for the management system of Cartamundi Turnhout in relation to:
- compliance of the system with the relevant international standards (ISO 9001, ISO 14001,…) and customer specific requirements
- realization of the required outputs of its processes and the continuous improvement thereof
- reporting of its performance and the opportunities for improvement
- improvement of the customer satisfaction level within the company
- implementation of changes to the system
- Responsible for the management system of Cartamundi as a leader of Quality Assurance to:
- define requirements for new or changed products to prevent potential quality defects,
- define, localize, initiate and co-ordinate actions to identify opportunities for improvement, resulting in an improved product quality and product cost.
- lead functional teams to implement FMEA, Quality control plans, 8D, risk assessment and lessons learned to drive down the total cost of ownership for quality issues.
- train the personnel with regards to procedures, instructions, and Q-tools as well as the continuous stimulation of the Q-philosophy.
- Install and monitor quality control activities to ensure company’s products comply to the quality standards.
- Responsible for supplier quality assurance management.
- Responsible for the communication towards customers, suppliers and within the organization on quality, product safety, security, and ethical compliance.
- Identify, hire, manage and develop the quality department.
The Manager of Quality, Turnhout has the authority:
- to apply the required tools, necessary to manage and actualize the written Management System.
- to take independently the necessary actions to assure that the management system will be respected
- to decide about deliveries, the destruction of products and recalls from the market, in alignment with the group quality & compliance director.
What kind of qualification set do we expect?
- Master degree in engineering or related filed preferred
- 10 years’ experience in technology company, with quality responsibility
- Strong leadership and communication skills, including writing, presentation, influencing, and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, provide strategic insight and to handle proactively.
- Analytical skills and result-oriented drive to solve problems and make improvements.
- Ability to lead and provide guidance to multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to build, develop, and lead a team of quality professionals in support of global goals
- Strong knowledge of EU regulations
- Experience with risk assessment (FMEA…) and quality planning tools (APQP, IQ,OQ,PQ…)
- Fluency in Dutch and English
We offer you the challenge of a responsibility level that is capable of making a true difference in our company, linked to every company activity and department.
Navigate to www.cartamundi.com/nl/careers and apply online.
Cartamundi Job Team tav. Ann Springael
Visbeekstraat 22 - 2300 Turnhout - Tel.: +32 (0) 220.127.116.11
Apply now on CV Warehouse
Share this vacancy