At Cartamundi, we believe in the power of play. Our purpose is “Sharing the Magic of Playing together.”
We are a world leader in games, with a portfolio including iconic brands such as Bicycle®, Bee®, COPAG®, and Shuffle®. We also partner with global toy companies, producing board games and trading card games for Hasbro – including Monopoly® – Mattel, and The Pokémon Company, among others.
Cartamundi was established in 1970 in Turnhout, Belgium; a joint venture of two family shareholders, each owning 50% to this day, now headed up by the 7th generation. Our company has been growing continuously, reaching sales of €500m in 2020.
Our investments in manufacturing and innovation are in step with emerging trends and technologies. The recent launch of Cartamundi Digital Ventures significantly extends our scope to digital games and e-sports, a fast-growing market. And we have a Global R&D Center in Turnhout, setting the group’s research and development pace worldwide.
Today, we operate 13 manufacturing facilities in 12 countries: Belgium, France, Spain, Germany, Ireland, the US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, India, Japan, and China. 2,900 Employees worldwide work together as One Group, One Team.
Legal Counsel Europe
In this function you will support all legal activities for the European business in the areas of publishing and retail and advise and support regional leaders and international business clients.
- Oversee and manage legal services
- Draft, review and negotiate agreements with German and international customers, wholesalers and vendors
- Review and advise on sales and marketing activities for legal requirements regarding intellectual property, advertising and promotion, competition as well as social-media marketing
- Trainings about marketing of competition law activities
- Manage legal disputes and litigation
- Advice on regulatory matters or data protection, packaging requirements, customs and trade issues, sales and e-commerce activities
- Implementation of ethic and compliance guidelines
- Corporate governance, secretarial functions
- Manage legal budget
- Manage and set-up effective network of external partners
- University degree in law
- At least 8 years of experience in a law firm or inhouse role
- Experienced practical lawyer with profound analytical and communication skills
- Expertise in business law (corporate and commercial)
- Strong negotiating skills with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Practical background in legal disputes and intellectual properties
- Experience with regional and global corporate structures
- Background in consumer goods industry (if possible)
- Occasional business trips in Europe
We offer you a varied position with an attractive package and the possibilities for personal and professional growth.
Are you ready for a new challenge? Apply online here.
We look forward to receiving your resume and application letter.
Cartamundi tav. Mevr. Yoon-Mee Deseyn
Visbeekstraat 22 - 2300 Turnhout
Phone: 014 331 929
Apply now on CV Warehouse
Share this vacancy