At Cartamundi, we believe in the power of play. Our purpose is “Sharing the Magic of Playing together.”
We are a world leader in games, with a portfolio including iconic brands such as Bicycle®, Bee®, COPAG®, and Shuffle®. We also partner with global toy companies, producing board games and trading card games for Hasbro – including Monopoly® – Mattel, and The Pokémon Company, among others.
Cartamundi was established in 1970 in Turnhout, Belgium; a joint venture of two family shareholders, each owning 50% to this day, now headed up by the 7th generation. Our company has been growing continuously, reaching sales of €500m in 2020.
Our investments in manufacturing and innovation are in step with emerging trends and technologies. The recent launch of Cartamundi Digital Ventures significantly extends our scope to digital games and e-sports, a fast-growing market. And we have a Global R&D Center in Turnhout, setting the group’s research and development pace worldwide.
Today, we operate 13 manufacturing facilities in 12 countries: Belgium, France, Spain, Germany, Ireland, the US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, India, Japan, and China. 2,800 Employees worldwide work together as One Group, One Team.
Corporate Communications Specialist
The corporate communications manager is responsible for connecting our corporate brand with diverse stakeholders inside and outside the company, creating value for our company through increased engagement.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work closely together with the senior leadership of the company, shaping communication with our various stakeholders, across different markets and cultures.
Your key responsibility is ensuring that our global teams are informed on what’s going on inside the company, creating engagement and helping to build employee satisfaction.
This role also is responsible for telling the story of the Cartamundi group to key outside stakeholders. We are looking for somebody who can master different channels (offline, online – social media and websites) and adapt the message according to the business needs and the audience.
This is a hands-on role, but also great for somebody with a couple of years’ experience who wants to grow in terms of influencing and impacting a global company.
- Plan and execute a (yearly) corporate communication plan, in line with company priorities, in close alignment with the CMO of the Group (and working closely with other senior leaders as internal customers). This includes messages for the different stakeholders, impact on communication channels, and communication tools.
- Manage both internal and external channels (including corporate affairs in the future). This will include managing the corporate websites, social media, internal townhalls, etc. Strong project management skills will be required. Actively collaborate with the creative department and digital development teams.
- Define, together with the relevant stakeholders (CEO, CMO and exco team) a corporate brand image, a consistent storyline, and a relevant tone-of-voice to support that brand image
- Work together with the CHRO on developing an employer brand aligned with the overall corporate brand strategy and develop a solid internal communication plan and guidance in the deployment.
- Work in close collaboration with the local teams to integrate corporate messages into local channels and processes eg on strategic product and program initiatives.
- Build long-term relationships with influencers and key stakeholders, both internally as well as external. Develop and actively manage a network of brand ambassadors and international (trade) press
- Create comprehensive and compelling press materials (e.g. news releases, research, strategic messaging and talking points, Q&As etc.), draft social media content, be responsible for media support to executives, supervise relevant media tracking and overall program results.
- Coordinate conferences (especially for our B2B division), trade shows, and press interviews and represent Cartamundi at these events, as needed.
- Manage and develop the corporate social media channels and engage with the community.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in communications, journalism, literature, linguistics or similar
- 5 years of experience and a proven ability to influence people and align resources towards a common goal, with an ability to effectively interact and influence senior management
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills in English, Dutch and French
- Possess a developed cultural awareness
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Hands-on problem solving
- Manage workload across different timezones
- Digital savvy eg Social media, website management, SEM
- Media relations experience is a clear bonus
- Ideally located in Belgium where CM’s HQ is
We offer you a varied position with an attractive package and the possibilities for personal and professional growth.
Are you ready for a new challenge? Apply online here.
We look forward to receiving your resume and application letter.
Cartamundi tav. Mevr. Yoon-Mee Deseyn
Visbeekstraat 22 - 2300 Turnhout - Tel.: 014 331 929Apply now on CV Warehouse
Share this vacancy