At Cartamundi, we are a worldwide leader in “play” solutions. Our team of over 2500 employees is united in delivering our common purpose of “sharing the magic of playing together”.
The opportunity to “play” gives us all the ability to connect, de-stress and learn something new. We are promoting “play” through our own extensive global portfolio of (playing) card brands, while in unison our continuous investments towards manufacturing & innovating in new & exciting ways to bring ideas to life never cease. Which is what makes us the trusted partner of leading toy companies around the world.
Our global brand portfolio includes a suite of heritage brands which do go back as far as 1848 including global brands like Bicycle®, Bee®, Copag®, Shuffle® and many locally loved brands. Brands which combine craftsmanship with innovation, the basis for their continued relevance and positive contribution to the local communities that love and use these brands.
We are a family owned company with worldwide headquarters in Belgium and have a global network of sales offices and 13 manufacturing facilities.
Learn more about what we do at cartamundi.com.
Senior Legal Counsel IP - Privacy
As Senior Legal Counsel IP - Digital counsel you will coordinate IP matters, advise on legal matters surrounding data protection/privacy and provide commercial legal support to our growing digital business on a global basis.
This will include:
- Building a proactive strategy for IP protection (trademarks, copyright, patents) in close cooperating with various stakeholders; managing the group IP portfolio; advising the business on IP matters.
- Assisting the R&D department from ideation of IP to maintenance and protection.
- drafting, reviewing, and negotiating licensing agreements (inbound and outbound) and other commercial agreements.
- Providing legal advice concerning data privacy regulations globally.
- Setting up contractual framework for the sale of innovative digital products and e-commerce platforms, with particular attention to privacy aspects.
- Creating legal forms and best practices; increase awareness on IP and confidentiality requirements.
The Senior Legal Counsel IP - Digital will report to the Group Legal Counsel and will co-operate with the US Legal counsel on IP and Data Protection related matters, as well as with various stakeholders (marketing, R&D, joint-ventures).
A hands-on legal professional possessing outstanding technical, and analytical skills, communication and influencing skills.
Education: Master in Law
- Between approximately 5 to 10 years of working experience in an international context, preferably in the IP law department of a well-reputed law firm or in the legal department of a multinational company.
- Excellent contract drafting skills; Ability to write clearly and concisely using a tone of voice suitable for non-legal stakeholders.
- Knowledge of and experience in license agreements and advising on data privacy laws is a must.
- Affinity with e-commerce, e-sports and digital innovation is a plus.
Languages: Excellent knowledge of English and Dutch (or French). Good knowledge of a second language next to Dutch or French is considered a plus.
- Creative, entrepreneurial mindset, curious mind.
- A self-starter, who is keen to initiate projects and who is capable to take the lead.
- A team player with ability to build rapport with a diverse range of business and legal partners.
- Expertise in commercial law is required with strong analytical, drafting and negotiation skills.
- Business oriented, practical.
- Capacity to adapt to and knowledge of a variety of law areas (e.g.: law of new technologies, data protection and unfair competition law) and intellectual property law.
- Open, honest and highest level of professional integrity.
Cartamundi offers you a key position with international exposure in a growing and transitioning business environment. You will be part of a dynamic team and be offered challenging work that you can organize with a high level of autonomy. You can count on a competitive compensation package.
Contact Sophie Van Rymenant via e-mail (email@example.com) or call confidentially on +32 (0)2 290 23 57 or +32 (0)483.61.06.45. Please clearly indicate the reference number VL/BE/LAW/2838/21.Apply now on CV Warehouse
Share this vacancy