At Cartamundi, we are a worldwide leader in “play” solutions. Our team of over 2500 employees is united in delivering our common purpose of “sharing the magic of playing together”.
The opportunity to “play” gives us all the ability to connect, de-stress and learn something new. We are promoting “play” through our own extensive global portfolio of (playing) card brands, while in unison our continuous investments towards manufacturing & innovating in new & exciting ways to bring ideas to life never cease. Which is what makes us the trusted partner of leading toy companies around the world.
Our global brand portfolio includes a suite of heritage brands which do go back as far as 1848 including global brands like Bicycle®, Bee®, Copag®, Shuffle® and many locally loved brands. Brands which combine craftsmanship with innovation, the basis for their continued relevance and positive contribution to the local communities that love and use these brands.
We are a family owned company with worldwide headquarters in Belgium and have a global network of sales offices and 13 manufacturing facilities.
Learn more about what we do at cartamundi.com.
IT Manager Europe
- You will assist in the further transitioning of the European IT structure towards a service model;
- You will provide direct management oversight and strong Leadership to the local EU IT teams including but not limited to coaching and development, performance management, tactical and strategic technical direction and mentoring;
- The teams are spread out over 3 locations (Belgium, Ireland & Germany) with responsibility over 16 countries in total. The team is set up around 9 FTE's in IT Operations & 3 IT Coordinators per country;
- There are around 600 IT users in the European structure;
- You will represent the local European IT Departments at the Management level of the plants and at global IT management;
- You will be responsible to align the different cultures & build bridges across the different countries;
- You will maintain strong administrative and budgetary practices including timely management of vendor relationships, contracts, agreements and licensing for the assigned sites;
- You will ensure proper functioning and continuity of the IT systems, on the factory floor and in the offices. i.e. PCs, Servers, Printers, Telecom and Applications;
- You will implement and maintain a reliable disaster recovery and restoration plan in alignment with the global IT standards;
- You will oversee and actively participate in necessary upgrades to ensure a secure reliable, high performing computer and telecommunications system infrastructure;
- You will ensure standard work procedures are up to date and all critical tasks are cross trained to minimize risk;
- You will act as a business partner;
- You will ensure the needed local end user support driven on user satisfaction. Therefore you will frequently check the service levels of the different teams;
- You will implement and maintain policies and goals that support the local site;
- You will work in close alignment with the global IT department & create buy-in with the local management.
For this challenging role, we are looking for someone who answers to following criteria:
- You have a bachelor or Master degree in IT field of study and experience in IT infrastructure -and application management with technical experience;
- You have experience in leading IT teams;
- You have a good knowledge of Dutch & English;
- You have experience in managing IT cost and investments budgets;
- You have a strong knowledge of Windows Server OS, Active Directory, MS Exchange, MS SQL Server and VMWare;
- You have a good knowledge of Windows client OS and pc based end user software such as MS Office, Adobe;
- You have a general knowledge of VMware and SAN/NAS storage systems;
- You have a general knowledge of LAN/WAN concepts, network protocols and equipment;
- You have a general knowledge of IT security concepts and principles;
- You are willing to travel around 1 week / month in Europe.
Our client offers an attractive salary package including interesting benefits such as a company car, insurances, etc.
Above all else, they offer a highly interesting opportunity where you can take on a critical role in the further growth of the IT organization in a global market leader with an excellent reputation.
Contact Herbert Martens, Division Manager Robert Half, Kempen & Antwerpen Noord
Phone: +32 (0)473 606 746
E-mail: Herbert.email@example.comApply now on CV Warehouse
Share this vacancy